Monday, September 21, 2009

Broken & broken some more

I can't believe the luck Im having. As if its not frustrating enough having to get my ankle reco'd but now I have a broken big toe. Yes, you're thinking Im a wimp, and to an extent you're probably right but to be quite honest its a pain. Literally.

I can't do my gym program properly because anything that bends my toe back hurts. Squats. Lunges... you get the picture. Basketball makes it worse, but being a part of a team I can't really just pull out on them... running doesn't help any either.

Lucky for my bike is what I have to say. It works out alright really. I went out for a trundle on the weekend with my other half and some of his volleyball team mates who Im planning to do the Tour ride with. It was good to get out and about. We did about 45km in all, which to be honest, for me, after so long not riding (yes, Im a weather snob) much was a decent ride. We went along at about 30km/hr for the most part, so I was happy with that.

Got home, sat down and only the next day did I think I possibly should have done some better recovery... maybe some stretching, maybe some compression, maybe a bit more water instead of my egg roll and coffee breakfast I tucked into.

Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment