Thursday, September 24, 2009

Gold Coast - better than my Adelaide weather!!

The title says it all. I sit here in Adelaide after having readied my bike for a week of riding to find we had gale force winds, hail, and thunderstorms ALL week. Freakin rediculous. SO...

Next week, Im on the Gold Coast for work (looking after the Flinders Uni Games Team) so Im pumped for some warmer, drier weather. We stay right near the beach and there are some amazing running paths around the area. As much as being a team manager for an event is hard work, stressful and long hours, I really love getting my butt out of bed for a morning run, or destressing at the end of a long day with a sunset run along the beach. (Trust me, setting the alarm the night before is the hardest part!!)

Whats more, is that unlike here in Adelaide at this time of year, I will be surrounded by other like-minded people who are out and about running, riding and exercising. Its not only really beautiful to see all people of different backgrounds, ages, shapes and sizes but its also really motivating. When the winter weather gets too much in Adelaide - this is a great fix-it. Im just lucky enough that Im being paid to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment