Thursday, October 8, 2009

A week does wonders!

So as I suspected, a week up on the Gold Coast has done wonders not only for my motivation, but also for the size of my bum and my fitness too!

Warm weather is so enticing. Getting out of bed at 6.30am isn't a chore when its SO beautiful out. I had a ball, I love the great outdoors, and going for 3 runs in a week was the first time I have done this outside in so long. Beats the treadmills any day!

Running with fellow exercise enthusiasts is not only motivating but also keeps you in check. Ain't no slacking when there are other people watching, let me assure you. Towards the end of the week, the runners around me started to change from the shufflers and the trotters to the lean, mean kind that stride out and make things look really really easy! Yes, the Gold Coast half ironman was coming to town, and so were the people that were competing. It made me realise just how much I still want to do that.... it also reaffirmed my goal to firstly run a half marathon, then to back it up with a half ironman.

Now to get that ankle fixed!

No comments:

Post a Comment