Monday, October 19, 2009

Im a slacker!

Im the first to put my hand up and say it... Ive been a slacker. Sorry.

Not exercise wise, just my blog.... that said... since Ive been back in Adelaide the weather has been getting better and better... Im loving the approaching summer and have been making the most of it.

I completed my rego yesterday for the Tour Down Under ride, 111km of it... one of the boys from our group is trying to convince me to do 164km, but to be honest, Im not sure that I would make it that far!!! Seriously. I parted with my hard earned $145, but figure that the event itself will be worth it, let alone the training rides on the way, the new jersey and the day off work!! :-)

We have been riding regularly as a bunch on Sundays, now that Im not so much of a wimp, I might get in a midweek ride (weather allowing - see, told you I was a wimp!) as well... keeping on top of my commuting to work should see me right.

Sundays ride was tough, it was 60km, which isn't too far in the cycling world, but in the Sue world when you're trying to keep up with all boys its a challenge. Got home from it in one piece tho, SMASHED a protein shake smoothie and chucked on my compression tights. Still had empty legs for yesterdays ride to work, but I also have a feeling it might have something to do with my blood donation last week as well.... they say you can't do it all, but Im fairly confident Im going to try!

There WILL be hissy fits if the hospital give me an early call up for my ankle surgery though. Fair warning.

No comments:

Post a Comment