Thursday, December 16, 2010

Free.....

How amazing. I managed to score an early - well - 2 weeks!! I got out of my moon boot 2 weeks early, and have been walking the dog, hydro in the pool, using the stairs... all such simple things yet things I've grown to really appreciate them! AND I can now do them all again.
After missing my follow up appointment with the surgeon (yes it would have been nice to be TOLD I had an appointment) I now have to wait till the middle of March to see him! Still, it doesn't worry me too much, the physio (bless him!) keeps telling me Im making wonderful progress and that the surgeon has done a great job.
Still - he's not just blowing wind - after starting shoulder deep in the pool, Im now back to my waist. Im hopping, Im running and Im flippering! Truth is now, that my un-operated ankle actually pulls up sorer than my new one.
Im allowed to run in 2 more weeks... just a wee little bit, but run regardless! In the meantime, I can walk in the water, on soft sand at the beach and all those wonderful things that summer brings.
Bless this ankle reconstruction. I've dropped 4kg, got a brand spanking new ankle and am healing just nicely.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment