Sunday, December 20, 2009

A toughy, but a goody

At present, it seems its all about riding... the last 2 weeks I have ridden further than ever before... which although gives me a real sense of achievement is also bloody hard work!

Last week we went out to McLaren Vale and back, about an 80km round trip... stopped for coffee half way - as seems to be the way it goes. I don't know about this caffeine business. Talk about uncomfortable the whole way home. I have a tiny bladder at the best of times!!

This week we extended it a bit further and went to Willunga... an extra 10km each way so I managed to clock over the 100km mark for the first time ever. Its a real sense of achievement. I felt really great afterwards, as well as through my ride which was very pleasing. I think I must be made for distance work.... ask me to do sprint work and I will baulk at it, but anything with some distance just sounds like a challenge!

So after nearly 5 hours in the saddle (the last little bit one of our group was cramping so we had a bit of a plod back to drop him home) I was famished. Got home and put on the old compression gear and absolutely monstered a turkey salad sandwich... what a great way to spend a Sunday hey?

Who's up for next week?

No comments:

Post a Comment