Tuesday, July 13, 2010

1m and fluffy!

No, Im not talking about my dog, or my favourite teddy bear, or a great pair of ugg boots... Im off to the snow. In under a week our big trip to Mt Ruapehu will finally become reality. I have NEVER spent more than 2 hours in the snow. To say Im excited would be an understatement...
Packing at present - so many choices about what to take... but given a) the cold & b) my dodgey ankles... and therefore calves.... and therefore knees ALL my compression gear is the first to go into the bottom of my bag. Yep, all my linebreak gear will be padded out with other less important(?!!??) things such as thermals, beanies and layers and layers of jackets.
We are going snowboarding - its what all the cool kids are doing right - so instead of being a cool kid, I will be the one on my butt on the ground with everyone wandering just what Im finding so funny. I don't care that I might be terrible at it, I carry no expectations of myself, and as such if I suck - completely and utterly suck - I don't mind!
Stay tuned... photos will come, blogs will be posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment