Thursday, August 12, 2010

Time ticks away... ITS nearly here

Well in a little under 2 weeks, I get to go for my final appointment before my reconstruction... then under the knife I go, 10 September. I have to say, I am a bit nervous, having never had surgery before, but to be honest, Im VERY ready to go... its been nearly a year since I booked in, and Im over it - the wait...

What does frustrate me though, is that just as Im about to become the one left sitting on my bum, Josh - my other half (oooh... I can now excitingly say fiancee) is just getting back up to speed... he hurt his ankle filling in for a social team... SOCIAL ... its always the way.

Never the twain shall meet it seems...

Still, now for me, the search begins in earnest... I need to find things I CAN do while my foot is in a cast. There is this odd looking machine in the cardio room called a 'grinder'. The way it works is you sit on a seat and like the hand pedal bikes, you spin two hand grips around and around (think hand pedals....). Doesn't sound too amazing does it? However thinking further there is no reason I can't do upper body stuff in the gym, boxing might work after a few weeks too... time to put my thinking cap on - to ensure I can do the same with my pants after 3 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment