Sunday, September 12, 2010

Im cut!

Well, Friday morning I went in to hospital to get my reconstruction done, so I sit here today (Monday) with my foot in a cast, the laptop on my good leg, the dog asleep in the sun in front of me and the lifestyle channel on TV showing me how to make cakes...
The surgery went well, but despite people telling me that it was day surgery when I arrived the nursing staff were very surprised to hear I thought I was heading home that day. However, on minimal painkillers (about half the recommended dose) I managed to convince them I'd be ok to go home and not need to stay in overnight.
Day 1 - great, only a little nausea, not too sleepy or painful. Day 2 - even better... no nausea, not sleepy - went to the dog park, went to shops, went to volleyball... Day 3- OUCH! Bit me on the bum for the two days before. So Day 4... I sit resting, like a good patient. Without much patience. :-)
So people, stay tuned. Photos will follow, I have my backslab cast now till the end of this week at least, maybe till the end of next. THEN I get a full cast to round out 6 weeks... all on crutches. NO WEIGHTBEARING.  Then moon boot and shuffling round for 6 weeks more...
Watch this space hey?

No comments:

Post a Comment