Tuesday, September 28, 2010

New cast....

This is how I regularly see myself now...

Day 1 - note the pink antiseptic!!

Day 1 - backslab only, not too swollen or painful - yet.

Thanks to my parents for our lawnmower - best engagement present EVER. Thanks Josh for mowing :-)

At the hospital, about to get my new cast

Old cast gets snipped off... it was only bandage and cotton wool @ the front anyhow...

Note the arrow to distinguish which leg to cut! I couldn't wait to see what was underneath....

Loving this. Only a small amount of blood on my ankle/cast, 3 holes in my leg!

My ankle was wider than my foot. Not nice. It got a lot bigger too...

The bottom plaster for my ATFL cut, the middle one for my arthroscopy, the top/right one for my ganglion excision.

Note the stitches... yes the part that looks like fishing line. They started tugging on these to snip the ends. I got dizzy and lay down... this from someone who LOVES the gore of the medical shows. Didn't last long and I was back looking again.

A fairly bruised, but neat cut. It goes under my ankle bone, so chances are will hide the scar well.

My foot from my view. The scar on the right is the ganglion... which turns out it wasn't! However pathology hasn't let me know just yet exactly WHAT it was. I'm intrigued.

Stocking bandage layer 1. Warm and cosy...

Cotton wool bandage layer 2.

"Plaster" (fibreglass or some version of) bandage going toe to top.

The nurse was learning how to bandage. Thankfully due to this she was anal about how neat it was, so I now have a perfect cast!

And bandage 2 going top to toe! Then some moisture on the gloves - rubbing it all over and smoothing the edges.

Joshy came for the ride. Very interesting to watch. Most of these photos are by him. Ta!!

Rubbing in the moisture, to set the cast.

Cast complete... touch dry in 20 minutes, completely dry in 45! Amazing.

Note the new cast... see the FAT toes!

This is my life for the next 6 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment